Parks and Recreation Department
To provide a safe, sustainable and fun experience for the children and residents of Buffalo while preserving natural assets and maintaining the urban forest.
The City of Buffalo Division of Parks and Recreation is entrusted with the care and oversight of more than 180 parks and recreational facilities, including the historic Frederick Law Olmsted designed park and parkway system, seven recreation centers, twelve public pools and four public ice rinks as well as management of the street and park trees of our urban forest.
For more information on Buffalo’s historic Olmsted Park and Parkway System, our nation’s first, please also visit the Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy website at www.bfloparks.org .
Please click on the following links for additional information:
- Park Rentals & Event Permits
- Athletic Facility and Seasonal Sports Permits
- Programming for City-operated Recreation Centers
- Public Pool & Ice Skating Rink Information
- General Forestry Concerns
- All parks CLOSE at SUNSET and OPEN at SUNRISE, except for Delaware, Front, Riverside, MLK, Jr., Cazenovia & South Parks, WHICH CLOSE AT 10pm, and Broderick and LaSalle Parks which are open 24hrs for fishing purposes only.
- NO SWIMMING ALLOWED in any body of water, except for designated pools with lifeguard staff on duty.
- Dogs and cats must be securely controlled, leashed & excrement removed.
- Glass containers are prohibited.
- No firearms or fireworks allowed.
- Sales, solicitations, signs and displays are strictly prohibited without a permit.
- Vehicles must be parked in designated areas only, no driving or parking is allowed on grass or park pathways.
- Deposit trash in designated receptacles only; PLEASE help us to prevent illegal dumping and littering and KEEP YOUR PARK CLEAN!