City Departments >
Permit and Inspection Services >
Plumbing Permit Fees
Plumbing Permit Fees
Plumbing Permit fees are divided into two categories - flat fee or area-calculated fee; find the work description in either the FLAT FEE SCHEDULE or the AREA-CALCULATED FEE SCHEDULE, below.
FLAT FEE SCHEDULE
Application fee of - $25.00, plus Permit fee from following list:
1. For all new plumbing work (except hot water tanks and sewer) not requiring plans to a 1- or 2-family - $30.00
2. For all new sewer work not requiring plans to a 1- or 2-family - $35.00
3. For all sewer repairs not requiring plans to all residential, commercial, and industrial - $35.00
4. For all work not requiring plans to all non 1- or 2-family Buildings and uses - $35.00
5. For hot water tanks to 1- or 2-family - $5.00
6. For hot water tanks to all non 1- or 2-family Buildings and uses - $10.00
All Plumbing Flat Fee work is only work where no plans are required by the Building Code of New York State. When drawings and/or plans are required, fees are derived using the area-calculated fee tables, employing the building occupancy/use class multiplier.
All other installations which are not subject to no-fee provision have area-calculated permit fees derived from Fee Schedule A and Use Multiplier Schedule B.
Area-Calculated Building Permit fees consist of four charges - a charge associated with application (which is non-refundable), a charge associated plan review (which is non-refundable), a charge associated with inspections, and a charge associated with closeout. The first two charges are collected at application, and together make up the application fee. The second two charges are collected at permit issuance, and together make up the permit fee.
FOR WORK LIMITED TO BUILDINGS & STRUCTURES
1. Identify each use or occupancy on each floor, story, or mezzanine of the building or structure and calculate each use's area in square footage. In mixed-use buildings and structures also identify and calculate the square footage of Common Areas. Common Areas are deemed to have the same use as that of the principal use on the floor, story, or mezzanine.
2. Total the sum of all similar uses and Common Area to arrive at Use Square Footages. Apply the amounts or multipliers shown in the following Area-Calculated Fee Table, Schedule A, Buildings & Structure Section, in each of the three listed categories (Application, Plan Review, Inspection & Certificate) to those Use Square Footages, to get a Base Dollar Use Value for each use.
3. Total all the Base Dollar Use Values of same uses.
4. Apply the Area-Calculated Use Multiplier from Schedule B to each use total to calculate fees for each use, including the Common Areas.
5. Total all Use Multiplier products to finalize the total plumbing permit cost for Buildings & Structures.
FOR WORK LIMITED TO SITES
1. Identify and calculate the square footage of the exterior area(s) serviced by the Plumbing Storm Drainage work (i.e. the size of the parking lot to be drained).
2. Total the sum of all similar exterior areas to be serviced by the Plumbing Storm Drainage work. Apply the amounts or multipliers shown in the following Area-Calculated Fee Table, Schedule A, Site Work Section, in each of the three listed categories (Application, Plan Review, Inspection & Certificate) to those totals to get a total Base Serviced Area Value. This is the permit cost for Plumbing Storm Drainage Site Work.
FOR WORK ON BOTH BUILDINGS & STRUCTURES AND SITES
1. Add the total building permit cost for Buildings & Structures and the total building permit cost for Site Work to arrive at the total building permit cost for the project.
AREA-CALCULATED FEE TABLE - Schedule A
For BUILDINGS & STRUCTURES
Application Fee (non-Refundable) $25.00 Plus
Plan Review Non-refundable $25.00 or $0.0025 x SF whichever is greater, Plus
Permit and Inspection $50.00 or $0.0275 x SF whichever is greater
For SITE WORK (if Applicable)
Permits Plumbing Storm Drainage
Application Fee Non-refundable $25.00 Plus
Plan Review Non-refundable
up to 10,000 SF
$0.005 x SF whichever is greater
+ 10,001 SF and up
$0.002 x SF, Plus
Permit and Inspection $25.00 or $0.015 x SF whichever is greater
AREA-CALCULATED USE MULTIPLIER - Schedule B
Occupancy/Use Class Occupancy/Use Multiplier
A-1, A-2, A-3, A-4, and A-5 Assembly 1.5
B Business 1
E Educational 1.5
F-1 and F-2 Factory/Industrial 1
H-1, H-2, H-3, H-4, and H-5 High Hazard 2.25
I-1, I-2, and I-3 Institutional 1.75
M Mercantile 1
R-1 Transient - Boarding houses, Hotels, and Motels 1.28
R-2 Permanent - Apartment houses, Boarding houses
(not transient), Convents, Dormitories, Fraternities
and Sororities, Monasteries, Vacation timeshare
properties, Hotels (non-transient), and Motels (non-transient)
R-3 Permanent - 1 and 2 family 0.5
R-4 Assisted Living 1.34
S Storage 0.7
U Utility and Miscellaneous 0.85