Buffalo Municipal Housing Authority
To assist our residents in attaining and maintaining a high standard for their quality of life. The Buffalo Municipal Housing Authority will provide services and opportunities associated with affordable, desirable, and secure housing to individuals and families. We will provide customer service, programs and amenities which are the best possible.
Proposed Section 8 Administrative Plan
Proposed Admissions and Continued Occupancy Policy
Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) Program Waiting List Re-Opening
In an effort to replenish the number of potentially qualified applicants on its Section 8 waiting list, notice is hereby given that the Buffalo Municipal Housing Authority (BMHA) will re-open its Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) Program Waiting list.
The Housing Choice Voucher Program is a federal housing program funded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. This program provides rental subsidies to eligible low income individuals and families who wish to live in private rental housing.
To determine initial eligibility, waiting list applications will be available to the public beginning on Monday, June 4, 2012 on the BMHA website at www.bmhahousing.com and at the following locations Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00AM and 4:00PM.
- BMHA Administrative Office
300 Perry Street – Buffalo, NY 14204
- Frederick Douglass Towers
515 Clinton Street – Buffalo, NY 14204
- BMHA Housing Assistance Office
245 Elmwood Avenue – Buffalo, NY 14222
- AD Price
43 Mortimer Street – Buffalo, NY 14204
- BMHA Resident Services Division
476 Louisiana Street – Buffalo, NY 14204
- Kenfield Homes
39 Tower Street – Buffalo, NY 14215
- LaSalle Courts
110 Blum Street – Buffalo, NY 14216
- Langfield Homes
35 Tower Street – Buffalo, NY 14215
- Shaffer Village
90 Isabelle Street – Buffalo, NY 14207
- LBJ Apartments
167 W. Humboldt Pkwy. – Buffalo, NY 14214
- Holling Homes
1 Holling Drive – Buffalo, NY 14216
- Ferry Grider
967 East Ferry Street – Buffalo, NY 14211
- Jasper Parrish
6 Jasper Parrish Drive – Buffalo, NY 14207
- Sedita Apartments
355 Summer Street – Buffalo, NY 14222
- Commodore Perry
386 Perry Street – Buffalo, NY 14204
- Marine Drive
205 Marine Drive – Buffalo, NY 14202
ACCEPTANCE OF WAITING LIST APPLICATIONS
Applications for the BMHA Section 8 waiting list will be accepted in accordance with the following schedule:
- Tuesday, June 19th and Wednesday, June 20th – Completed waiting list applications will be accepted in person at the BMHA Administrative offices located at 300 Perry Street, Buffalo NY 14204 between the hours of 8:00AM and 4:30PM. Waiting list applications MUST be filled out before entering the office.
- Thursday, June 21st and beyond – Waiting list applications will be accepted in person at the BMHA Housing Assistance Office located at 245 Elmwood Avenue, Buffalo NY 14222 between the hours of 8:30AM and 4:30PM.
- Mailed waiting list applications postmarked June 19th or later will also be accepted. Mailed waiting list applications should be addressed to: BMHA Housing Assistance Office – 245 Elmwood Avenue, Buffalo NY 14222.
Please note that original waiting list applications are required. Faxes and emails will not be accepted. Waiting list applications received or postmarked before the open period (Tuesday, June 19th) will not be accepted. The BMHA will accept only one waiting list application per household. INCOMPLETE AND/OR DUPLICATE WAITING LIST APPLICATIONS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
CLICK HERE FOR SECTION 8 WAITING LIST APPLICATION
CLICK HERE FOR PUBLIC HOUSING WAITING LIST APPLICATION